A game-changing paradigm for airspace design.
Award winning optimization
- National Science Foundation (NSF) Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Phase I Award, 2019
- Lloyd’s Register Foundation Research Grant, 2018
- Lloyd’s Register Foundation 1st International Conference in London, 2016
- Santander Mobility award for collaboration with the PANYNJ, 2015
Journal and conference publications
- Sidiropoulos, S., Majumdar, A. and Han, K., 2018. A framework for the optimization of terminal airspace operations in Multi-Airport Systems. Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, 110, pp.160-187.
- Sidiropoulos, S., Han, K., Majumdar, A. and Ochieng, W.Y., 2017. Robust identification of air traffic flow patterns in Metroplex terminal areas under demand uncertainty. Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies, 75, pp.212-227.
Conference publications & presentations
- Sidiropoulos, S., Majumdar, A., Han, K. and Ochieng, W., 2016. Identifying significant traffic flow patterns in Multi-Airport Systems Terminal Manoeuvring Areas under uncertainty. In 16th AIAA Aviation Technology, Integration, and Operations Conference (p. 3162).
- Sidiropoulos, S., Majumdar, A., Han, K., Schuster, W. and Ochieng, W., 2015. A framework for the classification and prioritization of arrival and departure routes in Multi-Airport Systems Terminal Manoeuvring Areas. In 15th AIAA Aviation Technology, Integration, and Operations Conference (p. 3031).
- Sidiropoulos, S., Majumdar, A., Ochieng, W.Y. and Schuster, W., 2015. Levels of Organization in Multi-Airport Systems (No. 15-2650). Transportation Research Board (TRB) 94th Annual Meeting, Washington DC.
- Sidiropoulos S., 2018. “Noise preferential routing for airspace planning and design”, 2018 N.O.I.S.E. Annual Policy Summit and Community Involvement Workshop at the National League of Cities Convention. Los Angeles, California.
- Sidiropoulos S., 2017. “A framework for the optimisation of terminal airspace operations in Multi-Airport Systems”, The 20th Chinese Overseas Transportation Association (COTA) Transportation Research Board (TRB) Winter Symposium, Marriott Marquis, Washington DC.
- Vianair Inc. 2019. Airspace Information Modeling and Design. Application Number PCT/US19/60108. File date: 11/06/2019.
- Sidiropoulos, S. 2019. Airspace Information Modeling and Design. US Patent Application Number 16/676,256. File date: 11/06/2019.
- Sidiropoulos, S. 2018. Airspace Design Systems and Methods for the Same. US Patent Application Number 62756433. File date: 11/06/2018.
- Sidiropoulos, S. 2018. Terminal and En-Route Airspace Operations based on Dynamic Routes. US Patent Application Number 16138483. File date: 09/21/2018.
- Sidiropoulos, S. 2017. The Dynamic Route (DR) concept for planning and design of terminal airspace operations. US Patent & Trademark Office, U.S. Patent Application No.: 62/562,043 File date: 09/22/2017.
Vianair’s technology has been validated both quantitatively, by using market leading fast time simulation software, and qualitatively, in collaboration with the PANYNJ (3-month collaboration in 2015), for the NY airspace, the largest US air travel market. In particular, air traffic controllers have extensively tested simulation playbacks and verified the effectiveness of the individual optimization modules and their ability to comply with all operational requirements.